Software Build System Engineer
With Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque NM USMore jobs from Sandia National Laboratories
Posted on April 23, 2021
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, Energy & Environment, Science
Company size: 10k+ people
linux, python, security, c++, java
What Your Job Will Be Like
Are you looking for challenging and impactful work that contributes to security, peace and freedom worldwide?
We are currently looking to hire an experienced Software Build System Engineer that is ready for a career where you know your work makes a difference. We want someone excited to work on an agile team and use their knowledge, experience and expertise to develop software systems that solve the most challenging remote sensing problems.
You will primarily be responsible for research and development of a state-of-the-art Linux build, integration, and test environment that enables the development of complex, real-time decision support systems that support remote sensing, data acquisition, and analysis applications for National Security missions.
- Configuration management, testing and user support of complex software engineering infrastructures that are utilized by multiple code development teams
- Working collaboratively with architects, developers, technical leads, customers, strategic partners, and end users to collect requirements, design solutions, and deliver extensible software applications
- Contributing to deeply rewarding missions through engagement with diverse computer science specialties and specialists in areas like data fusion, signal and image processing, analytics, cloud computing, service-oriented architectures, and data management and
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical discipline plus five (5) or more years of experience; or master's degree in relevant discipline plus two (2) or more years’ experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience as a Linux System Programmer or Linux Distribution Package Maintainer
- Experience in Python and Bash scripting languages
- Experience in Git source code management
- Experience in problem identification, root cause analysis, and troubleshooting
- Experience in multi-language build system (C++, Java, Python)
- The ability to acquire and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance and SCI-level clearance, which may require a polygraph test
Qualifications We Desire
- Active DOE Q and SCI security clearances
- Experience working with and contributing to Open Source communities
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible or Puppet
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Knowledge of build automation tools (CMake, Autotools, Maven, Gradle, and Jenkins)
- Familiar with DevOps and CI/CD practices.
- Current Security+ or higher certification
- Experience researching, evaluating, and recommending technologies to improve current systems
- Demonstrated ability to be a high performer on a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated technical team leadership and project management experience
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance and SCI access, both of which require US citizenship. SCI access may also require a polygraph examination. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain these levels of access may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.