Lab Systems Administrator
With Apple in Beaverton OR USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on May 01, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Apple’s Silicon Validation team drives validation, characterization and debug of Apple products. As part of that effort we maintain extensive labs which are networked with each other and the larger corporate network. We are searching for an engineer to help scale and maintain our lab network and storage solutions. You will be working with a dynamic team utilizing your knowledge and skills to help ensure the success of Apple products.
As a lab system administrator working with our validation teams, you will be responsible for the maintenance, monitoring and administration of our lab networks and storage. This position requires additional focus on network and data security as well as supporting the needs of large scale automation. You will evaluate new technologies and help architect future solutions in support of our rapidly scaling lab infrastructure.
Skills & requirements
- Experience with Linux-based administration
- Experience with administration of storage architectures such as NetApp, Pure, Isilon/EMC
- Experience with LAN/WAN networking schemes such as DNS, DHCP, ACLs
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Perl, etc.
- Knowledge of instrumentation/monitoring such as Prometheus/Splunk/Ganglia
- Knowledge of system security methodologies
- Knowledge of artifact management desirable
- Knowledge of macOS enterprise administration desirable
BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant work experience is required