System Administrator 3-IT
With Oracle Corporation in Guadalajara - MXMore jobs from Oracle Corporation
Posted on May 01, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Computing, Cloud Services, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
oracle, linux, unix
The Oracle Health Sciences Applications suite leads the market for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device research applications in the rapidly expanding life sciences industry. These products provide integrated services to control and automate the drug and medical device development process. They consistently improve data quality and cut months off the clinical trials phase of research, benefiting thousands of lives by bringing better, safer drugs and medical devices to market sooner.
AMS (Application Management Services) team is a group of highly motivated and dedicated people from some of the best universities and clinical trials industry who provide 24/7 support to the production customer systems in a true devops model. We value intangibles like initiative, creativity and innovation. AMS engineers work with cutting edge technologies and interact seamlessly with our internal cross-functional teams like product engineering, industry-expert SMEs of product management, Product strategy and customer support team.
To learn more about the Health Sciences product suites, visithttp://www.oracle.com/us/industries/health-sciences/overview/index.html
Oracle is looking forSenior Cloud Application Engineerto be part of Health Sciences product development group in Bangalore/Noida with knowledge on Argus Safety Suite 8.0 and above (added advantage).
Good Knowledge of Unix / Linux OS including managing / monitoring various processes, overall health of OS / File systems etc.
Good knowledge of Windows Server OS and its functions including managing IIS, registry, various services etc.
Hands-on experience in all both Windows and Linux OS
Hands-on experience and proficiency in knowledge of SQL, Oracle Database is desirable
Hands-on experience in Automation scripting knowledge (Perl, Python, and Unix Shell Scripting etc.) is highly preferred – with mindset of building automated processes wherever possible as part of the system
Prior experience working in DevOps model
Working knowledge with IaaC tools like Dockers, Kubernetes, Terraform and Ansible will be a plus
Awareness and knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles with Familiarity with deployment automation tools such as Chef, Ansible etc.
Awareness of principles and hands-on experience on CI/CD and tools like GIT, Jenkins is important
Incidence management and root cause analysis
Some preferred Certification(s) :
- CCNA(CiscoCertifiedNetwork Associate Routing & Switching)
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert)
- RHCE (Red HatCertified Engineer)
- RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator)
- OEL (Oracle Linux Certification), LPI Certification Programs
- CISP (Certified Information Security Professional)
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Lean Six SIGMA certification
- Cloud provider certifications of OCI (preferred)
Ability to work any of the three shifts during 24*7 (Including Night Shift) to meet the business need is required****to support production systems operations is critical
Ability to resolve and troubleshoot the issues reported from customers during the respective shifts is absolute need during outages in the customer application production environments
Should have worked on any ticketing tools (Remedy, CX)
Administration, Maintenance and support of Argus Safety suite products and Oracle Fusion Middleware instances on qualification and production environments.
Knowledge of Argus Safety application and having 2 or more Implementation projects experience in Argus Safety 8.0+ is an added advantage
Knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle SOA/B2B with two or more Implementation projects experience in Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle SOA/B2B 11g and above is a plus
Exposure and understanding of Argus Enterprise components like Argus Mart, Analytics and other integration (SSO, Axway, Oracle B2B) is a plus
Knowledge of FMW products is an added advantage
Knowledge of Argus is added advantage
- BS/MS in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Total6+ years of experiencein IT Operations & Application Support
- Possess strong technical skills in the automation, troubleshooting, problem solving in the Windows, Linux server environments to support applications
- Knowledge in Oracle RDBMS, any specific application level language working knowledge is always helpful
- Experience in automation scripting knowledge (Perl, Python, and Unix Shell Scripting etc.) is great advantage
- Strong experience in SQL, database tuning, capacity planning based on the performance of the application is a plus
- Knowledge in Argus Safety Suite of products, Axway B2Bi and Oracle B2B is a plus
- Passion for solving complex problems actively that delights the customers
- Possess good organizational and communication skills with “Can Do” attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel, proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Strong & excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to dive in and learn complex systems
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment and to provide technical skills support to the team with high collaboration is key Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.