Network Site Reliability Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Houston TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on July 21, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
automation, security, cloud
As a Network Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Coach or manage teams as applicable
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components (e.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, and networks)
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
* Maintains proficiency in these key areas:
- Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations)
- Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management)
- Design (compliance, security)
- Network Engineering (planning, provision)
* Proficiency in more than one specific infrastructure technology
* Proficient in the following Infrastructure automation technologies - Ansible, Puppet, Chef in addition to building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.o collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Proven experience managing various large-scale enterprise network topologies including LAN, WAN, Wireless, Network Security and Services.
- Examples include Routers (Cisco - ASR/GSR/Nexus/Juniper)
- Switches (Cisco), Wireless (Cisco)
- Transport (Cisco/Ciena)
- Firewall (Check Point and Cisco)
- Load Balancers (Cisco and F5)
- Proxy (Blue Coat)Etc.
* 5+ years of experience in information technology with a focus on routing and switching or security networking. (CCNP to CCIE)
* Strong background in Packet Capture tools and analysis. (Niksun, ARX/AIX, Endace, and cPacket)
* Able to identify manual operational tasks and develop automation to solve problems in a modern SRE support model.
* Proficient in large scale software development in one or more of the programming languages (C, C++, perl, python,java, C#,.net)
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans