Site Reliability Engineer - Platform Services
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Houston TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on July 21, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, web-services, java
Cloud, Microservices, event-driven systems, containerization are some of the patterns & technologies which are driving the future architecture at JPMC. Doing so in a resilient, performant and secure way are the goals of our team. We, Platform Services Engineering team are on the forefront of maturing these patterns/technologies by applying them to solve complex production use cases. We look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. We embrace an open culture of ownership, experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. As a SRE in our team, you will play a key role in setting technical direction for various initiatives undertaken. You will manifest a purpose to modernize applications and people in our firm by smoothing out sustained adoption paths for global technology's strategic products, platforms and frameworks.You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the reliability of our technology products and practices, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment.
Our team operates with a "start-up" mentality and takes pride in owning an objective to completion. If you are enthusiastic about being part of the firm's modernization journey and transformation, this position may be good fit you.
* Design, code, test, and deliver software to facilitate modernization, automation and remove toil
* Partner with Product Owners to deliver features remediate issues and manage customer communication
* Learn, integrate and evangelize industry best practices, patterns for troubleshooting and blameless post-mortems
* Build self-healing and resiliency patterns across private and public cloud platforms
* Partner with development teams throughout the life cycle for building reliable system from the start
* Contribute to application frameworks in support of greater resiliency and self-healing capabilities
* Implement performance tests, identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demands, presents solutions for continuous improvements
* Participate in deep design reviews with application and platform teams throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability, speed and scale
* Mature application deployment patterns in support of greater stability, control and speed
* Contribute to best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting with proper telemetry
* Be a participant and an escalation point in rotational support
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go, AngularJS
* Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. cloud platform - AWS, CF, Google, Azure , containerization - docker, k8s, rdbms, compute, storage, and networks)Understanding of Network and Cloud connectivity technologies, i.e. Security, Load Balancing, and Network Routing Protocols
* Strong understanding of business processes and how they map to the technology stack (application layer down to physical layer)
* Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration
* Experience with DevOps toolchains
* Proficiency in Agile
* Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans