Software Engineering - Java, Big Data, Cloud
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Glasgow - GBMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on July 21, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
scala, hadoop, apache-spark
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Risk Central is a global JPMC project that serves Risk and PNL data across the Corporate Investment Bank (CIB), performing a critical control function in today's highly regulated environment. It is used in the CIB to allow consumers to have a single entry point for their risk reporting need, with consistency for describing risk across lines of business.
Our Glasgow team is responsible for developing, enhancing and optimizing the core data pipeline of Risk Central using technologies such as Scala, Spark, Kafka, and Hadoop. On a typical day, our pipeline processes billions of rows of data to serve the needs of numerous clients across the Investment Bank and Risk & Finance. Over the years, we have built a strong on-premise Hadoop cluster-based stack, and we are now embarked on a journey of migrating this to the cloud, whilst continuing to meet the expanding needs of the business.
We are looking for passionate, skilled software engineers to join us at this exciting time for our project. The role requires:
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, e.g. Scala or Java.
- Experience in agile and test driven development, with a DevOps or SRE mindset.
- Experience (desirable) with big data frameworks, e.g. Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase, Impala.
- Experience (desirable) with cloud services, e.g. AWS (S3, EMR, SQS, KMS, EKS, MKS, Redshift).
- Understanding of architecture and design of application stacks, distributed systems, and data intensive applications.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.