Technology Operations Authority
With Vodafone in Newbury - GBMore jobs from Vodafone
Posted on July 21, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Information Technology, Software Development, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
web-services, linux, http, networking, sysadmin
Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19)
Safety Notice: To ensure candidate and employee safety, we are continuing with our virtual hiring and onboarding processes until further notice.
Our network operations teams ensure our customers remain connected to their Vodafone services 24/7, constantly monitoring and enhancing network performance. Be part of Vodafone UK Technology Operations, the team that uses the latest technology and analytics to continually improve customer experience.
What will you be doing?
The team is responsible for Vodafone UKs 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G and WiFi data services and other associated technologies. You will drive the operational excellence of Data services and the successful deployment of strategically critical related projects as well as deputize for your manager and act as a point of contact for Customer impacting service issues where it is necessary to make business critical decisions regarding operational support, delivery, maintenance and stability for packet data services.
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent knowledge of Packet Core systems, standards and call flows
- Excellent troubleshooting methodology.
- Strong ability to logically analyse statistical data.
- Good time management skills
- Good knowledge of Mobile Networks and Linux/Unix Server administration
- Excellent understanding of packet switched network (including Routing & Switching, TCP/IP, BGP, HTTP, Diameter, MPLS, Radius & GTP protocols).
- Good working knowledge of Wireshark Network Protocol Analyzer
- Good understanding of network security (IPSec, firewall)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel What’s in it for you?
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
Together we can