Lead Core Java Software Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Columbus OH USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on July 26, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, cassandra, python
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders daily to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience.
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems.
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices.
* Keen understanding of risk and controls guidelines.
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
* Technical leadership experience; driving initiatives through the entire project lifecycle, mentoring and guiding other team members, driving team/project success in a highly collaborative, collegiate environment.
* Experience working with Java 8, Java 11, Core Java, J2EE.
* Strong understanding of relational database design and best practices - with an emphasis on Oracle and Cassandra.
* Understand and implement design patterns for common development activities.
* Experience writing Microservices.
* A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company's success.
* Test driven development approach, systematic, fact-based decision making and problem solving.
* Skillset(s): Core Java Development, Maven, Spring, MQ, Kafka, Jules, Cassandra, Oracle SQL, Cloud Foundry, Splunk, Python, Apache, Angular/React.
* Full life cycle experience within an Agile framework.
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based applications, technologies and tools, deployment, monitoring.
* Relational and NoSQL databases; developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, MQ/JMS/Kafka.
* Networking (Security, Load Balancing, Network Routing Protocols, etc.).
* Monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations.
* Mission critical systems experience in a globally distributed framework.
* Best practices in infrastructure and application logging, monitoring, intelligent alerting, and automated self-healing.
* Experience with DevOps model and tools.
* Experience with Site Reliability Engineering.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans