Software Engineer - Networking Applications
With Intel Corporation in Bengaluru - INMore jobs from Intel Corporation
Posted on July 26, 2021
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Lead, Manager
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Computing, Consumer Electronics, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
networking, c++, c, network-protocols
Come and join us. Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join the BXD (Barefoot Switching Division) in our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Software Engineer - Networking Applications. We're part of the Connectivity Group (CG) in Intel's DCG, and are looking for motivated, passionate and talented software engineers to join our Networking Applications development team for programmable high-speed switching ASICs.
We're a strong, vibrant, cross-site team that helps drive Intel's programmable switching technology and products to position Tofino as the switching platform of choice for Cloud and Data Center network deployments. In this role, you will need to be passionate about developing high-performance embedded software based on Linux to develop Networking Applications for programmable switching ASICs. You will have an excellent opportunity to define and create Applications using Intel's programmable switching ASIC using industry leading P4 Language and work with next generation NOS such as SONiC, FBOSS.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: -
- Performing design, development and testing of Networking Applications software for high speed switching devices using C, C++, Python and P4 programming language. -
- Developing unit and integration tests to exercise the software on simulation models and hardware based embedded systems -
- Participating in design and code-reviews for new features in Networking Applications. -
- Debugging regression failures as well as issues reported by customers on the field and coming up with practical solutions and fixes The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below. -
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated ability to technically influence others. -
- Strong problem-solving skills. -
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Connectivity Group (CG) drives new products technologies in the areas of Programmable switching devices, and Smart NICs, Silicon Photonics for data center fabrics. The BXD team is driven by deep engineering skills and a love of cutting-edge projects. We are building the world's fastest switches that are also fully programmable, ensuring the network can adapt to meet the emerging needs of applications and empower users to write solutions rapidly, and to innovate broadly. We believe that when the network is fully programmable-that is, both the control plane and data plane are under the control of the end user- the networking industry will enjoy the same innovative explosion as we have seen in software. www.intel.com/jobs/datacenter
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science Electrical Engineering or related field plus 8 years of industry work experience or Masters degree in Computer Science Electrical Engineering or related field plus 6 years of industry work experience or PhD in Computer Science Electrical Engineering or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience
- 4 years of experience programming skills in C/C++ 4 years of experience in software design implementation and debugging
- 4 years of experience in designing and developing high-performance switching and routing software
- 4 years of experience with design and development of Layer 2 Layer 3 ACL or multicast networking control and or data plane software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 3 years of experience with software design and development in at least one of these areas
- 1 year of experience in Data plane firmware microcode and forwarding pipeline for RoutingSwitch products
- 1 year of experience in Data Center Technologies such as VXLAN EVPN, Routing and Switch protocols such as BGP LLDP 8021x LACP xSTP etc
- 1 year of experience using the development of SDK for Data Networking ASICs
- 1 year of experience in scripting languages such as Python Bash GO for Test Automation
- 1 year of Experience in operating system architecture such as memory management, IPC, scheduling, task ,switching, concurrent memory access, event driven programming
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.comand not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.