Software Engineering - SRE (Site Reliability Engineer)
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Wilmington DE USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on July 26, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
hadoop, cloud, design
CCB Model Delivery as a Service (MDAS) team helps modelers during the model development phase and then implement their models to strategic batch and real-time deployment platforms. As a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), the candidate will be responsible for working within CCB Model Delivery as a Service - Production Support team and work closely with application development teams, business groups, multiple technology teams within the global technology, and senior stack holders within the firm to ensure smooth and resilient operations.
Apart from working on and supporting the models in production he/she will be responsible for Tech modernization, Business BAU and controls. As a Site Reliability Engineering member you'll be building and maintaining a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Additional focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation.
* Work on incident mgmt. through problem diagnostics and resolution and facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Own the overall customer experience and sustainability of a product and application
* Working with Architecture to design reusable patterns to deploy to applications, provide governance around adoption, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and design
* Identifying and partnering with Infrastructure teams and AD teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical deb
* Applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
Skills & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree with 3+years or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline and/or site reliability engineering
* Strong experience in one of the following languages: Hadoop, Spark, Java J2EE technology stack, Python and shell scripting (Unix/Linux), Kubernetes
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, AWS, Elastic search, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
* Experience in Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations, working with infrastructure service teams to ensure application service uptime, and Developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, MQ/JMS/Kafka,Hadoop , etc.
* Deep understanding of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) philosophy, Chaos Engineering, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components (e.g. cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, networks, cluster computing etc.)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans