With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Plano TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 10, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
automation, cloud, design
Want to work in the best program at JPMC? We're building a web scale platform that touches the largest enterprises on the planet, and consumer every day of their lives. We're rebuilding a platform from the ground up in a cloud native way. Leveraging the best technologies and platforms to achieve our goals. Revel in thousands of transactions a second? Don't blink at globally deployed fault tolerant systems? Passionate about well-engineered modern software systems? Then read on...
We are hiring a DevOps Engineer to join the Helix product development team. The DevOps and Automation team provides internal support to the product development group by providing CI/CD scripting, process automation, and cloud environment design, deployment, and administration.
This position requires strong technical and interpersonal skills, to work with developers, architects, quality assurance, product management and other team members. Team members are able to multi-task and independently prioritize, ensuring all of their internal customers are given the best support possible. They have excellent technical skills and learn systems easily. While each team member is self-sufficient, they help one another and work as a team whenever appropriate.
JP Morgan Chase provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within product development but across the organization as well.
* Minimum 6 years of software development, systems engineering or infrastructure operations experience.
* Minimum 3 years of experience deploying and monitoring applications
* Must have experience with DevOps tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform).
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Solid technical knowledge in automation, configuration management and software development frameworks and methodologies.
* System and network administration and troubleshooting skills (Unix and Windows)
* Demonstratable scripting experience, such as Python.
* Cloud environment experience (Azure a plus)
* Java experience a plus
* Act as technical leader in design and implementation of system deployment automation and configuration management tools.
* Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
* Establishes and reviews business and technical requirements and overall project plans to define or refine standards, ensure adherence to standards, and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
* Construct, improve and maintain the automated deployment pipelines.
* Build and maintain system and application snapshots for use with continuous delivery.
* Develop software in appropriate scripting languages using agile design-build-test methodologies.
* Develop unit tests alongside production code in a continuously integrated environment.
* Develop and build operating system release media.
* Adhere to team design and development standards.
* Actively participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle, including research, prototyping, detailed design, development, technical documentation, and defect fixing.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans