Full Stack Developer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Houston TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 10, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, Full Stack Developer
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, oracle, sql
About J.P. Morgan: J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Domain: We are part of Risk & Finance Technology Line of Business. Our group is responsible for providing risk measurement and reporting services for the firm. We measure market risk, credit risk and other aspects of financial risk, provide stress-testing services for the firm's trading portfolios and produce risk metrics that are used across front office, middle office, and several senior managers across the firm. In addition, the group is also responsible for providing finance support for the entire firm.
About the team: The Business Process Management (BPM) team is responsible for supporting business process flow management across all of Risk Technology. The team designs Process Flow Control (PFC) frameworks that are leveraged by other application teams to orchestrate their processes and to manage cross-application dependencies. The team also provides monitoring and alerting solutions to SRE to manage the business processes effectively. The team has a very strong presence of Java/J2EE experts based in India and US.
The role is for a Senior Java/J2EE/ReactJS Full Stack Developer who will implement robust Business Process Management (BPM) software solutions for Risk Technology and will help us transition to Cloud Native Orchestration implementation. You will be part of an Agile Team, responsible for working with the global partners to elicit business requirements, translate them to technical requirements, and design the Business Flow and application architecture on which the flows will run. You will implement the solution execute QA and UAT testing with multiple upstream and downstream component application teams, as well as support the application in production. You will have the opportunity to contribute directly to the re-engineering of existing J2EE, Spring, Oracle PL/SQL and Flex UI application components to modernize them and deploy them on the Private and Public Cloud, leveraging Kubernetes, AWS, ReactJS, Java, Python, Kafka technologies. BPM is a foundational platform for Risk Technology managing complex end-to-end process flows with tens of thousands of micro service orchestration steps, hence it is very critical that the individual be very technically sound and be able to design and implement solutions that are innovative, robust, and flexible to address evolving complex business needs.
* Reengineer large number of existing Processes that are currently integrated with a large Oracle Data Warehouse into a Micro-service architecture using Big Data Platforms and Amazon S3. Leverage internal and public cloud to improve system scalability and resiliency.
* Rewrite Adobe Flex-Based UI into React/Spring/Rest Services Architecture.
* Interface with business and technology stakeholders from across the globe in understanding their process requirements and implementing solutions.
* Gather technical requirements and design Business Flows to address Business needs, vet designs with BPM Architects and other Application Teams impacted by the deliverable.
* Understand existing architecture and help the team to migrate legacy codebase onto a new strategic platform.
* Keep our software secure and address Open Source Vulnerabilities, automate Unit and Integration Testing.
* Lead discussions with multiple application teams to understand cross-application dependencies, align delivery timelines, and create robust test plans.
* You will be expected to lead smaller work-streams end to end, managing the project timelines and commitments, communicating with stakeholders and coordinating Dev, Test, and Release cycles, create user stories and pitch and present them to Product Owner and the rest of the team during backlog grooming and sprint planning sessions.
* Minimum 8+ years of experience in designing and developing complex Java/J2EE enterprise applications in medium to large scale IT Projects.
* Strong understanding of design patterns for J2EE back-end applications Micro-services architecture. Ability to design technology solution independently, given a business or functional requirement.
* Minimum 3+ years of experience with UI Development using ReactJS, Spring MVC, Hibernate.
* Experience with Cloud Native Development - Apache Airflow, Kubernetes, AWS, Docker highly desired.
* Experience mentoring junior developers to write clean, secure, readable, and testable code, with strong focus on OOP best practices to maximize reuse and extensibility.
* Experienced in Agile SDLC
* Experienced in working with large Oracle Data warehouse, including PL/SQL development highly desired. Hadoop/Big Data experience big plus!
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, which are critical to interfacing with stakeholders across NA/EMEA/APAC.
* Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to independently manage small to medium size projects/workstreams and communicate directly with stakeholders through all phases of SDLC, as well as coordinate the work of other developers from other teams.
* Ability to write technical requirements, Jira Stories, design documentation, supplemented with architecture/component diagrams.
* Solid knowledge of Unit Testing and Integration Testing methodologies and frameworks.
Required Technical Skills:
* Very strong Core JAVA and J2EE, Java Script, ReactJS, CSS, JMS, XML, Spring.
* Strong Oracle SQL and PL/SQL programming skills.
* Good understanding of relational databases (tables, views, constraints, indexes etc). Oracle strongly preferred.
Desired Experience / Skills:
* Cloud Native Technology experience, particularly with Apache Airflow, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, S3
* Hadoop/Big Data experience strongly preferred.
* Adobe Flex experience is a big plus.
* Groovy, Messaging Platforms, AutoSys, Shell Scripting.
* Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Performance Tuning.
* Experience with Credit and Market Risk Management methodologies and concepts.
* Knowledge of financial products such as securities, credit products and derivatives.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans