Lead Mainframe Performance & Capacity Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Plano TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 10, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Product Manager
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
osx, project-management, sql
This individual will also need to build and support IBM IZDS/Cognos system for big data analytic, build LPAR definitions, Setting up Capacity Group Caps (Soft cap and Absolute Caps), have working experiences and had written programs for SMF data processing in a large environment complexes. Plans, organizes, directs, develops and controls technical aspects of assigned projects. Performs technical tasks as required by manager and projects. Acts as project lead on assigned project activities. Provides technical consulting to technical management and Lines of Business non-technical staff. Administrates Thruput Manager, Workload Manager (WLM), Batch Optimizer, CDPz, IzDS/RTSMF etc.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of solid experience in z/OS performance & capacity management
* Ability to lead/manage SMF/SAS/MXG/IzDS Data processing without any supervision
* Working knowledge of IzDS and Cognos
* Ability to use SQL, SAS, Cognos and performs big data analytics, Present observations & recommendations to senior management
* Monitor systems and application performance as well as managing risk to the environments
* Ability to lead, drive problem diagnostics and resolution of performance issues
* Solid Experience in Mainview/Omegamon
* Solid experience in z/OS LPAR management which includes setting up LPAR capacity definitions, Group Caps (Soft & Absolute Caps) etc.
* Working knowledge on Thruput Manager, Workload Manager (WLM) and Batch Optimizer, CDPz, Strobe vendor products
* Performance tuning experience in z/OS, CICS, DB2, IMS, Batch, Websphere and MQ
* Microsoft Suite of Desktop Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans