Software Engineering Director | GIAM
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Jersey City NJ USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 10, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
amazon-web-services, agile, design
As a Senior Leader in Software Engineering, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology through solid engineering practices. You'll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you'll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Identity and Access Management (GIAM) Engineering Director will be accountable for leading a team responsible for design, develop, test and implement JPMorgan Chase & Co Authentication and Authorization solutions for our estate.
* Leads the work of software engineers - systems, infrastructure & software development
* Directly contributes to the development of the Authorization technology roadmap
* Serves as the lead engineer in product design, software development, delivery and transition to operations
* Attends technical engagement with audit, regulators, clients, and third parties when required
* Provides technical supervision, oversight and problem resolution for engineering activities in the absence of the Head of Identity Authentication and Authorization Technology
* Provides quality control of engineering deliverables
* Supports program planning, engineering work breakdown structure, task estimation and scheduling
* Contribute to the mentoring, training and developing of Jr engineers
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of relevant and progressive software development, systems engineering and/or architecture experience. An engineering background in cybersecurity a plus.
* Proven ability/experience in the area of people management on globally distributed teams
* Experience working with enterprise scale network infrastructure with a thorough understanding of protocols including TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP as well as Firewalls, Load Balancers, IDS/IPS and DNS.
* Experience with database platforms (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgresSQL)
* Thorough understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
* Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Command of architecture, design and business processes
* Experience in the following as it relates to software engineering in a mission critical environment:
- Analyzing complex data systems - failure analysis / root cause analysis
- Developing, improving and maintaining technical engineering documentation
- Performance management
- Roadmap development
- Product Management - design, development, testing and integration/transition/transformation
- Compliance and governance
* Solid comprehension of Information Security and it's need in an enterprise environment
* Proven experience building/designing tools to identify, classify, remediate and mitigate vulnerabilities across infrastructure and applications.
* Utilization of tools for orchestration, Web application and network scanning.
* Experienced in modern programming languages such as
* Recognized expertise in Agile, creating competitive advantage through the application of leading-edge technologies and methodologies
* Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Cloud infrastructure knowledge. AWS, Google and/or Azure experience is a plus
* DevOps methodologies
* Certifications - CISSP; AWS; CCNA/CCNP/CCNE; GCUX; Linux+; RHCSA/RHCE/RHCA; MCSE/MCSD; QCS
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans