DevOps Engineer, Cloud Data Warehouse
With ByteDance in Singapore - SGMore jobs from ByteDance
Posted on September 14, 2021
About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Industry: Information Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
devops, python, go, ansible, docker
About ByteDance Founded in 2012, ByteDance is a technology company operating a range of content platforms that inform, educate, entertain, and inspire people across languages, cultures, and geographies. With a suite of more than a dozen products, including TikTok, Douyin, Toutiao, Helo, and Resso, ByteDance now has a portfolio of applications available in over 150 markets and 75 languages. Team Introduction In Data Platform Singapore, our mission is to create a PB-level analytical database product that empowers efficient and real-time data-driven decision-making, based on ClickHouse. Our internal use cases have been grown to tens of thousands of instances and supporting ByteDance's global customers as well as internal products. Based on this unique ground, we will be building a cloud-native and high-performance enterprise data warehouse (or analytical database, these two concepts are becoming one), with challenges that are exciting and unprecedented, and we vision this database to be the fastest analytical database in this world.
- Build tools, automation, monitoring for distributed data platforms running as SaaS and on-premises deployment.
- Collaborate with engineering, infrastructure, security, and product teams to implement DevOps solutions to ensure scalability, reliability of the system.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and improvement of our DevOps processes. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical background involving software/system engineering, or equivalent working experience.
- Good programming experience with at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, or Go.
- Expertise in DevOps technologies like Ansible, Terraform, Salt, Bash Scripting, etc.
- Expertise in containerization technologies including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in automating, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in building solutions with AWS, Google, Azures, AliCloud, or other cloud services.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux operating systems.