Sr. Software Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Houston TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on September 14, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, java, c++
As a part of the Wholesale Payment Technology Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) team, you will help identify resilience challenges, build re-usable, foundational software and infrastructure component to improve, influence and validate the resilience and reliability for technologies that move trillions of dollars per day.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Design, build, and refactor major software components that improve the availability, resilience, performance of our system.
* Help to build the technology roadmap to balance between delivery and stability and create plans to close the gaps in reliability by building robust patterns that can be leveraged by other teams.
* Evaluate distributed system best practices, frameworks and perform gap analysis with existing system. (For example, gRPC, REST, Spring cloud implementations, messages queue, cache solutions etc.).
* Participate in-deep technical discussions in the context of the product roadmap and potential risks.
Skills Required to be considered for this role:
* 5+ years of Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go.
* 5+ years of SRE or software engineering experience in leadership roles
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* Experience with one or more cloud platforms like Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure
* Expert knowledge in one or more of the infrastructure components. (e.g. Routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks)
* Strong communication skill and ownership.
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
About JPMorgan Chase - Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world
Working as a Technologist in JPMorgan Chase & Co.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans