Z/os Systems Programmer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Plano TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on October 07, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
agile, osx, design
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability will help your team deliver high-quality products. You'll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery.
* Understanding cloud , virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: , REXX, PERL, PHP, JYTHON, zOSMF Workflows, MVC
* Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
* Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
* Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
* Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
* Proficient across Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, Software management), Design (compliance, security), Software Engineering (planning, provision)
* Understanding of z/OS Concepts, JCL, JES, SDSF, VSAM, Catalog management, SMP/E, USS, Parallel Sysplex, IBM system utilities, Broadcom, BMC Compuware, and Software (AG) artifacts
* Strong knowledge of server side design patterns and continuous delivery principles
* Good understanding with hands on experience in TDD, Junit, Jenkins, Maven and Ant
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans