Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - iOS
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Columbus OH USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on October 08, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Mobile Developer, System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
ios, java, objective-c
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who runs, maintains and improves the services/products against established Service Level Objectives by applying software engineering practices. As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team, you will combine software and systems to help us build a world-class SRE function. SRE is responsible for the availability, performance, change management, monitoring, and capacity management of the services/products you support. Working with your team, you'll focus on creative problem-solving, optimizing existing systems, configuring and managing software and optimizing processes through automation.
* Designs, develops, tests and delivers the software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoots priority incidents, conducts blameless post-mortems and ensures permanent closure of the incidents
* Engages with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability
* Applies analytics on the past data like incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and takes proactive actions
* Drives adoption of self-healing and resiliency patterns such as circuit breaker, bulkhead etc.
* Designs and conducts the performance tests, identifies the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and the capacity demand
* Defines and drives adoption of a best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
* Deploys the software and product upgrades
* Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* 5+ years of experience working in a Software Development, Dev Ops, Site Reliability Engineering, Support or Infrastructure position or team
* 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise software and proficiency in multiple technologies preferably Java, Python, Shell scripting
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages such as Java/J2EE technology stack, web technologies, experience with Unix/Linux, JDBC, relational databases such as DB2
* Strong knowledge of iOS SDK and Xcode, including both visual screen designer and programmatic options
* Experience with iOS development (Swift, Objective-C, C/C++, Cocoa / Cocoapods) required, Android development (Java, Kotlin, Gradle, Maven) and mobile design patterns are a plus
* Experience in consuming RESTful web services, JSON, and HTTP
* Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning is plus
* Strong PL/SQL and SQL skills with proven expertise in analyzing stored procedures and UNIX scripts
* 3+ years of experience in performance engineering and monitoring using tools such as Geneos, AppDynamics, Splunk, Apica, Jmeter, DynaTrace, Capacity Manager, Blaze meter etc.
* Experience with configuration Management tools like Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Powershell
* Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains
* Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems)
* Experience working with source management tools like GitHub
* Experience working with automation deployment tools like Jenkins
* Experience with Microservices patterns and architecture, and with streaming technologies such as Kafka
* Strong knowledge on Change and Incident Management Process
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans