Senior Network/Cloud Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Tampa FL USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on October 12, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
amazon-web-services, networking, cloud
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high-performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you'll affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they'll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you'll also gain access to the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
You will be part of a technology team responsible for the design and implementation of external connectivity solutions across all major lines of business. Position requires excellent interpersonal skills to interact with fast moving business units with high volume users along with interfacing at times with the Firm's external business partners.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* AWS Advanced Networking Certification preferred
* CCNP Preferred
* Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Operational Support, Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
* Intermediate understanding of line of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
* Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
* Ability to think creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
* Perform highly technical network software and hardware configurations
* Provide 4th level escalation support in Severity 1 networking problems
* Evening/weekend work a requirement
* Experience with Virtual Routers (ie., Cisco CSR 1000)
* Key focus on Cloud Solutions as data center extensions, extranets, and merchants (i.e., AWS, Azure, Google, IBM)
* Experience working with API's, testing from cli, ability to script and automate are a plus
* Basic programming language knowledge a plus (Python)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans