Site Reliability Engineer
With Unzer GmbH in Munich - DEMore jobs from Unzer GmbH
Posted on October 13, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Finance, Financial Technology
Company size: 501-1k people
Company type: VC Funded
kubernetes, linux, amazon-web-services, terraform, scripting
Unzer is a fast-growing, innovative, and modular platform for international payment transactions. Over 750 of our payment experts and tech enthusiasts throughout Europe today work on helping retailers achieve sustainable growth in a dynamic market. We provide them with the modules, which are easy to integrate, cover the entire spectrum of payment management: from the processing of various payment types, through automated analytics of customer behavior and requirements, all the way up to integrative risk management.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will report to the Head of Site Reliability & DevOps Engineer. We have a cloud-first strategy, and you will have the opportunity to be a part of technology and tooling decision-making processes in our Team.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The SRE team is working on the roll-out of our Containerization Project for new and existing Infrastructure in Unzer, centralizing various tools used for monitoring and CI/CD pipeline. We are helping teams across the whole organization to create reliable and high availability applications. We are providing observability, tooling, and resilience features and we’re helping teams across the whole organization to create reliable and high availability applications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Make sure that applications run smoothly and deliver the best experience to customers with Infrastructure as a code concept
- Take over responsibility for monitoring (SLAs, SLOs, and APM) and alerting, using Datadog and OpsGenie
- Offer on-call support on a rota basis 24/7
- Upgrade, maintain and mitigate security risks for existing infrastructure and migrate existing/legacy infrastructure
- Handle incidents and post-mortem analysis for highly critical applications, like our payment core or our new merchant onboarding system
- Work closely with the development teams to understand the business needs and help to ensure the uptime and service operation
- Adopt and build containers and Kubernetes for new and existing services
- Support the development teams and help to ensure the uptime and service operation
- Build containers for new and existing services and deploy them to Kubernetes using Helm charts
- Support and improve Build Pipelines with Jenkins, Bamboo, Argo
- You have expertise in cloud concepts (preferably with AWS, worked with high available systems and architecture)
- You have experience with configuration management, Terraform, containerized computing (EKS, Docker) and have worked with source control (GitHub)
- You have worked with integrating monitoring tools and APMs (preferably Datadog)
- You have worked on logging solutions and CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, Argo)
- You have a good understanding of Linux, networking concepts, and programming skills
- Navigate with ease in a fast-paced, changing environment and be passionate about creating technical documentation
- Good Knowledge of a scripting language (Bash/Python)
- Experience working with an identity provider like Okta
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely.
- Personal development and training opportunities, in addition to internal knowledge sharing forums and best-practice sharing. We want you to have the ability to learn something new every day!
- A fast-paced work environment with the creative freedom to contribute to Unzer’s future.
- Personalized onboarding experience.
- Excellent working atmosphere in ambitious, diverse, and agile teams.
- Fun events such as our Summer party, Christmas party, and many more. Does this sound interesting to you? Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below. We are looking forward to getting to know you!
Please note we will not sponsor your visa or relocation for the role.
*Unzer is an equal employment opportunities workplace and we commit to hiring regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.