IT Perimeter Security Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Columbus OH USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on October 15, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
security, http, sysadmin
As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks that make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role, you'll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who share your passion for technology, you'll also gain access to the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
You will be an important member of an engineering team that works closely with internal developers and innovative Silicon Valley startups to deploy and support solutions to mitigate perimeter security risks in an agile fashion. You will work with our Cybersecurity partners to analyze attack methods and tactics leveraged against the firm's mobile and web applications, review/produce technical specifications for any changes or improvements to existing technology, or propose entirely new solutions as necessary. You will work with other engineers on our team, global technology partners and technology vendors to ensure that specifications are clearly documented, communicated and understood, and advise the business on options, risks, and costs. You will deploy and support perimeter defense solutions leveraging a combination of vendor and internally-developed components, to detect and mitigate automated attack traffic. You will analyze the performance and efficacy of production systems and controls, and recommend and deploy enhancements to maintain control effectiveness in response to changing attack methods.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
* Knowledge of one specific infrastructure technology and basic programming languages or database management systems (Java, PERL, Python)
* Intermediate understanding of line of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
* Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
* Ability to think creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
* Understanding of Web/HTTP security risks; knowledge of OWASP Automated Threat category and familiarity with OWASP Top Ten
* Experience with HTTP protocols, response codes, modern usage, and web scripting/automation tools
* Experience with large-scale/high-volume eCommerce infrastructure and/or consumer mobile applications and associated threats
* Foundational understanding of modern TCP/IP network infrastructures and network hardware/software (CCNA Routing & Switching or Network+ is a plus)
* Working knowledge of AWS is preferred
* Working knowledge of IT Security; Cyber engineering or analyst experience highly desired (government, military or private industry)
* Industry recognized security certifications, such as SSCP, Security+, GSEC/GISF, CEH, CCNA Security, etc. preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans