Director - Site Reliability Engineer Director - Card Services
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Columbus OH USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on October 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, java, web-services
As a senior leader in Production Site Reliability Engineering, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology. You'll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running production applications and systems better. Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award-winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Command of architecture, design and business processes
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
* Deep understanding of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) philosophy, Chaos Engineering, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
* Hands on experience on managing operations of large scale internet-centric production environments for application or infrastructure services serving tens to millions of end users
* 10+ years of software engineer experience and/or site reliability engineering in one of the following languages: C, C++, Java J2EE technology stack and web technologies /, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting (Unix/Linux)
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, FluentD, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
* 7+ years' experience in
o Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations
o Managing and/or influencing infrastructure services to ensure application service uptime and user experience
o Developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, MQ/JMS/Kafka, Aurora, RDS, Cloud SQL, BigTable, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cloud Spanner, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
* Prior experience in large scale internet companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business
* Building a team of engineers and Java developers to implement SRE frameworks
* Working with Architecture to design reusable patterns to deploy to applications, provide governance around adoption, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and designs
* Identifying and partnering with Infrastructure teams and AD teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt
* Applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
* Understanding of Networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans