Executive Director, Enablement and Technology Solutions Engineer (TSE) - Global Lead
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Glasgow - GBMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on October 22, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, amazon-web-services, agile
Our Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient, and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
A fundamental corner stone for this vision is to enable a consistent, reliable, and standardized monitoring, observability, and telemetry platform. The platform will enable events, logs, metrics, traces, and alerts to make machine and application data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone.
To that end, we are seeking an experienced Enablement and Technology Solutions Engineer to work in the Monitoring, Observability, and Telemetry product organization that will support JP Morgan Chase's four cloud strategy. The platform will support telemetry across the private cloud ecosystem, called Gaia Cloud, and the public clouds Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Microsoft Azure.
The ideal candidate is a customer obsessed innovative leader with significant experience in building high performing teams with a continuous improvement objective. As a senior leader for Gaia Telemetry Product Team, you will lead a team focused on the stability of the products and building product adoption solutions for our customers.
* Consolidate support functions across several products and establish best in class centralized support model
* Build a high performing team of customer obsessed technical support engineers
* Transform traditional operations team into technical support engineering team
* Manage a regional team providing support of product's service availability
* Create a one product model for all supported applications
* Develop a modern customer enablement portal with technical documentation and self service
* Own incident, problem, and change management for telemetry products
* Accountable for system availability and stability of production environments
* Keep up with industry trends regarding APM, Observability and Telemetry
* Drive innovation and automation of supported products
* Build and foster relationships with external customers for adoption of products
* Establish a customer experience feedback loop
* Establish a continuous improvement mindset amongst the team
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Seasoned experience in a hands-on software development or production management role
* Proven experience leading global teams
* Proven years of experience leading site reliability engineer (SRE) and DevOps teams
* Proven experience with monitoring, observability, and telemetry products (bonus if working knowledge of Tivoli, SCOM, Netcool, Splunk, ElasticSearch, Grafana, Prometheus, Cortex)
* Ability to set goals and project plans that align with organizational objectives
* Strong leadership skills with ability to lead in all directions
* Strong ability to partner and influence at all levels
* Strong understanding of financial services and the regulation that surrounds the industry
* Strong understanding of product management and customer centric organizations
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Ability to set the directions and goals, while removing blockers
* Understanding of cloud, virtualization, and APIs Technologies
* Experience with agile and lean philosophies
* Exceptional communication skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external groups
* Strong product sense coupled with an ability to take a developer perspective
* Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking, and evaluation of business processes
* Understanding and experience of working and leading agile teams
* Familiar with continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) development, tools such as Jenkins, Jira, Git/BitBucket etc
* Excellent infrastructure experience on Windows and Linux
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
GTI (Global Technology Infrastructure)
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
If you're interested in work that makes a difference, then apply today.
© 2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.