Site Reliability Engineer
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Chicago IL USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on November 25, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, java, c++
As a part of the Wholesale Payment Technology Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) team, you will help identify resilience challenges, build re-usable, foundational software and infrastructure component to improve, influence and validate the resilience and reliability for technologies that move trillions of dollars per day.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Design, build, and refactor major software components that improve the availability, resilience, performance of our system.
* Help to build the technology roadmap to balance between delivery and stability and create plans to close the gaps in reliability by building robust patterns that can be leveraged by other teams.
* Evaluate distributed system best practices, frameworks and perform gap analysis with existing system. (For example, gRPC, REST, Spring cloud implementations, messages queue, cache solutions etc.).
* Participate in-deep technical discussions in the context of the product roadmap and potential risks.
Requirements & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* 5+ years of SRE or System engineering experience, with leadership roles
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Experience with one or more cloud platforms like Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Azure
* Expert knowledge in one or more of the infrastructure components. (e.g. Routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks)
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go.
* Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
* Strong communication skill and ownership.
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm's vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans