Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Senior Associate - Flexible working
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Bournemouth - GBMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on November 25, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, amazon-web-services, web-services
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. You will form part of a global SRE team using the 24/7 follow the sun method to ensure we have a reliable and scalable production operation environment powered by automated processes.
Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure).
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems.
* Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
* Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions
* Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns.
* Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical field.
* In-Depth OS experience (RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows Server) with strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
* Experience in site reliability engineering using Python.
* Hand-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools in Amazon Web Services (AWS) including deployment, monitoring and operations, using tools such as Prometheus, Splunk, Elasticsearch & Grafana
* Strong working knowledge of modern development technologies and tools such Agile, CI/CD, Git, Terraform and Jenkins.
* Good understanding of networking protocols and cybersecurity best practices in public cloud environment
Desirable but non essential skills include:
* ServiceNow experience in a mission critical environment, including public cloud operation
* Java, PowerShell, shell scripting or GO
The Chief Technology Office oversees enabling components inclusive of the top quality engineering and architecture tools and practices, key program management and processes as well as the technology workforce strategy required to make us a leading technology company for our customers, clients and colleagues around the world
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm's vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans