Sr. Java Software Engineer Lead
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Plano TX USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on November 25, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, spring, cloud
The Consumer Lending Technology Engineering team in CCB Tech is looking for a Lead Software Engineer Accelerator to work on highly visible and heavily utilized work that has impact across CCB
Our team operates with an Agile/Kanban mentality and takes pride in owning an objective to completion. If you are enthusiastic about being part of the firm's modernization journey and transformation, this position may be good fit you. New Banking Architecture, Cloud, Microservices, Domain Driven Design, APIs, event driven systems, containerization and data at the edge are the patterns & technologies which are driving the future architecture at JPMC. We, the Consumer Lending Technology Engineering (CLTE) team are on the forefront of maturing these patterns/technologies by applying them to solve complex production use cases. We look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. We embrace an open culture of ownership, diversity, experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning.
As one of the senior engineers on our team, you will play a key role in setting technical direction for various initiatives undertaken. You will manifest a purpose to modernize applications and people in our firm by smoothing out sustained adoption paths for global technology's strategic products, platforms and frameworks. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* 7+ years of minimum experience in software development utilizing Java based platforms for building mission critical enterprise applications
* 3+ years of experience serving as a technical lead on large scale applications
* Strong understanding of Object Oriented principals
* Strong understanding of Microservice driven architecture, REST architectural style and RESTful APIs
* Experience working with the core Spring Framework, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
* Experience working with React full stack applications
* Working knowledge of utilizing GIT via Github Enterprise or Bitbucket Server for software development
* Expertise in one or more modern programming languages and cloud platforms
- AWS, Google cloud, Pivotal cloud foundry, Azure
* Solid working knowledge of Kubernetes, Skaffold and Docker.
* Solid working knowledge of working with both Windows and RHEL systems
* Knowledge of one or more NoSQL database technologies, preferably Apache Cassandra or Oracle
* Experience working with Terraform, Ansible, Puppet or Chef
* Knowledge of one or more Messaging technologies, preferably Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ
* Strong understanding of test driven development and shift left focus using Selenium, Cucumber and/or Karate.
* Proven experience using Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) practices using Jenkins or similar technologies
* Proven experience using configuration as code for CI/CD within large scale enterprise toolchains
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Track record of continuous improvement on modernization or architecture, such as migrating to cloud, framework, etc.
* Ability to clearly read, write and update technical documentation
* Ability to pivot between multiple tasks and assist multiple teams
Nice to have
* Understanding of Domain Driven Design concepts
* Understanding of container and container orchestration technologies
* Ability to evangelize technology through various forums (tech primers, lunch and learns, office hours, educational videos, etc.)
* Experience in working in central functions
* Proficiency in Agile and DevOps/SRE culture
Key personal attributes
* Strong Engineering mindset and passionate for development and building an innovative and diverse culture
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Empathize the frictions experienced by engineers and enterprise
* Ability to architect and own end-to-end solution
* Highly adaptable to constraints and changes
* Strong research, investigation and evaluation skills. Takes personal initiative, conscientiousness and complete follow-through on the areas of responsibilities
* Strong influencer and communicator. Ability to influence and partner with large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Ability to mentor & coach junior engineers and provide feedback
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm's vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans