Infrastructure Developer (Defined Storage Block Engineering)
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Columbus OH USMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on November 30, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
python, amazon-web-services, cloud
As an experienced Infrastructure Developer professional, you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high-performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you'll affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they'll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you'll also gain access to the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* 5-7 years' experience with Block Storage Solutions: EMC PowerFlex, VMAX, PowerMax, VNX, Netapp SolidFire, HP-3PAR, Brocade and Cisco SAN switches
* Experience with Cloud Block Storage such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP
* Experience with storage protocols such as iSCSI, FC, NVME/TCP
* Advanced understanding and experience performing Product evaluations and Certifications for Block Storage Products
* In depth knowledge of Block Storage implementation and best practices
* Experience performing root cause analysis of Production incidents and recommending tactical and strategic solutions to DevOps/SRE teams
* Proficient in at least one programming language (Python preferred with 3-5 years of experience)
* Front-End development experience is a plus
* Technical expertise throughout the software development lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery
* Practice of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Familiarity with Podman, Docker, Kubernetes, Micro-services, Kafka
* Understanding of cloud, virtualization, APIs & modern software (i.e. Python or golang)
* Understanding or have experience with Agile and lean philosophies
* Able to deliver complex solutions that are easy to repave, automate, as well as with very strong resiliency capabilities
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
* Strong leadership skills with ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms; as well as strong vendor relationship skills
* Ability to collaborate with different teams to achieve common goals
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm's vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans