Java Engineer - Information Architecture - Vice President - Flexible Working
With JPMorgan Chase & Co. in Bournemouth - GBMore jobs from JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on November 30, 2021
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
apache, java, reactjs
This is a Software Engineer role in the Corporate Investment Bank Information Architecture team. CIB IAs customers and collaborators include other members of CIB IA, other Information Architects and Developers in other parts of CIB, and other Lines of Business, such as Global Technology.
CIB IA has a wide Data Management agenda, and key elements of this include having a well-defined meta-model (defining what a valid model is), having Information Architects create valid models, and being able to forward-engineer assets from these models. Our data models are less "diagrams for discussion", and are more a higher-level specification of data, behavior and associated componentry.
Effective forward-engineering of models into assets implies a good understanding of the source metamodel and a good understanding of the target language(s). Therefore a successful candidate will need to be literate at reading and interpreting data models and be able to become intimately familiar with target languages and their supporting ecosystems of libraries and tools. Of particular interest are libraries and tools relating to validation, serialization/deserialization, API implementation and persistence.
The successful candidate will be expected to help with the specification of how to map models to assets, and with the implementation of tools capable of doing so.
CIB IA also develops solutions covering other aspects of Data Management. Some assist with the classification of data, and to support the ability to reason with the data classification data collected. Others can involve integration with other metadata sources.
Working in this area, in this environment, will provide exposure to Information Architecture as a discipline, and a higher-level view of data and processing than is normally found in a Development role. This role therefore represents a great growth opportunity.
Experience & Knowledge Essential
* An interest in data and an appreciation of the value it can bring to an organization if it's properly understood, organized and governed
* Read and understand UML class models
* Use of Data Modelling tool(s) such as MagicDraw, ERWin, Enterprise Architect, Power Designer, IDE plugins, ...
* Experience developing IDE Plugins for Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, etc.
* Understand how a data model could be manifested in target programming or schema languages
* Serialized data formats, such as XML, JSON, Apache Avro, Google Protobuff, ...
* Schema languages, such as XSD, JSONSchema, Avro Schema, Protobuff Schema, ...
* Messaging APIs, such as JMS, Apache QPid, Apache Kafka, ...
* Persistence APIs, such as JDBC, Hibernate, MarkLogic XCC, ...
* Design and implementation of APIs, perhaps using REST, and/or Swagger, WSDL, ...
* Experience collaborating with business and technical teams in order to understand, translate, review and playback requirements and collaborate to develop Model Engineering solutions.
* Programming Language Design and Implementation. eg: defining languages, grammars, validators, lexical analyzers, parsers, compilers, interpreters, debuggers
* Anything working with metadata, such as code analysis or code generation
* Knowledge and experience of the Software Engineering Methodologies (e.g. Agile)
* Knowledge of Financial Services and more specifically Wholesale and Investment Banking.
* Exposure to other Data Standards (preferably Financial) such as SWIFT, FIX or FpML.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.