With Capital Group in Irvine CA USMore jobs from Capital Group
Posted on January 12, 2022
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services, Financial Technology
Company size: 5k-10k people
Company type: Private
amazon-web-services, cloud, linux
Req ID: 41932
Location: Irvine, CA
Other location(s): Irvine (CA); Los Angeles (CA); San Antonio (TX)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
"I can be myself at work."
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We're working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
"I can influence my income."
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You'll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
"I can lead a full life."
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you're raising a family, you're passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we'll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we've transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate's ability to work remotely.
As a Technology Resiliency Engineer, you will be given the opportunity to significantly influence our cloud recovery rollout at CG by engaging in all aspects of the journey including framework development, educating IT and Business stakeholders on best cloud recovery practices and methodologies, and ensuring readiness and compliance with our standards and controls through test design and evaluation. You will also play a central role in maximizing our readiness and proving our capabilities around on-prem recovery through detailed planning, requirements definition and validation.
You are passionate about ensuring our enterprise is prepared to respond to major disruptions and disasters and can utilize state of the art tools to identify, test, evaluate and respond to disasters across applications and infrastructure. You will work closely with application, infrastructure, security, and risk teams to develop and test response playbooks and plans. Your agile mindset will lead recovery research on relevant scenarios that may pose a risk to the company.
- Implementation and maintenance of the Cloud Recovery Framework
- Educating application teams on cloud recovery requirements, controls, and best practices, frameworks, methodologies
- Coordinating and facilitating a testing program that ensures product team cloud recovery readiness across relevant scenarios
- Partnering with infrastructure and application teams to drive inefficiencies out of recovery processes and technical solutions
- Identifying gaps in recovery and backup controls and influencing stakeholders to implement solutions to bridge these gaps
- Partnering with application teams and infrastructure teams to develop response plans for different scenarios that may cause business disruptions (Ransomware, rolling data center outages, Regional outages, and so forth)
- Staying current with future industry trends around Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity and determining their appropriateness for CG's environment
- Actively participating in the development of CG's resiliency strategy and roadmap
- Providing design expertise and recommendations to architects, engineers, and application teams around disaster recovery best practices.
- 3 years of experience working with AWS services such as EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, Aurora, Lambda
- Strong experience with cloud recovery testing including familiarity with AWS Fault injector, Chaos testing
- Strong experience with designing AWS availability and recovery architecture
- Experience with the DR and BC planning process including facilitating Risk Assessments, Business Impact Assessments, DR and BC Plan creation and testing
- Knowledge with recovery technologies including VMWare, SRM, Vblock, network, storage, compute, database, middleware
- Strong familiarity with infrastructure as Code (IAC), using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience building and maintaining cloud native applications preferred
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker, GitHub, Kubernetes, Maven a plus
- Preferred solid background in LINUX/UNIX and Windows server system administration
- Preferred experience with the theory, concepts, and real-world application of continuous Delivery (CD) and familiarity with tools like AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS CodePipeline.
- AWS, CBCP and CISSP certifications a plus
"I can apply in less than 4 minutes."
You've reviewed this job posting and you're ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn't what you're looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
"I can learn more about Capital Group."
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That's why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people's lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Social Media, Database, Linux, Middleware, Marketing, Research, Technology