With Avature in Herndon VA USMore jobs from Avature
Posted on March 11, 2022
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Computer Software, CRM, SaaS
Company size: 1k-5k people
Company type: Private
cloud, linux, sysadmin, amazon-web-services, devops
The Cloud Engineer position is a multi-faceted role that handles all aspects of deploying and ensuring the availability of our platform for our US Federal Government clients. Working with autonomy, they interact with our Cloud Services area to carry out all DevOps and infrastructure-related tasks in a dedicated cloud-based environment.
- Understand Avature’s infrastructure and processes.
- Build, deploy, and configure cloud-based infrastructure resources on production and development environments.
- Apply DevOps and SRE techniques to automate solutions to complex problems.
- Perform troubleshooting on ongoing incidents, ensuring quick and reliable responses to monitoring events.
- Develop fruitful relationships with US Federal Government clients and help define the strategy of our cloud solutions for them.
- Interact and collaborate with colleagues from all around the globe.
Your day-to-day activities
- Hold ownership and accountability over our Linux-based cloud infrastructure.
- Apply changes in our platforms using configuration management and infrastructure-as-code principles.
- Ensure resilience and continuity on running systems with quick response to outages.
- Be responsible for the general administration of our Linux nodes and cloud resources.
- Be willing and eligible to be sponsored for US government security clearance.
- Being a AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
- Solid Linux system administration experience.
- Background in cloud-based platforms, DevOps, containerization, configuration management, and IaC in general.
- Knowledge of monitoring systems, virtualization, web servers, networking, and other common IT services.
- Bash coding skills are a plus.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of security mechanisms for operating systems and cloud services.
We’re a market leader enterprise that makes its own product: A highly flexible enterprise SaaS platform used for global talent acquisition and talent management. We currently work with over 650 companies worldwide. We choose to work in a relaxed, energetic and creative environment, where everyone can make the most of their skills and preferences, and boost their individual capabilities through collaboration and team work.
- A fast-paced, energetic, and engaging environment.
- Competitive salary, with one review a year.
- Four weeks vacations.
- Four days a year to attend events related to professional development.
- 401K - we’ll be adding $ 0.50 on the $ 1.00 on the first 3 % of employee contributions.
- High deductible health plan (medical, vision and dental plan; life and AD&D insurance; disability insurance).
- We will also provide an employer-funded health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) account with up to $ 5,250 in annual benefit. These funds could be used to reimburse employees for qualified medical expenses and, in most cases, health insurance premiums.
- Unlimited sick days.
An organizational culture that empowers everyone to be themselves is key to thrive in business, but more importantly, it’s a pathway for creating a more equal society. Avature fosters a diverse and inclusive environment, and celebrates that each unique person brings something different to our team. We are committed to considering all qualified applicants equally and to promote equal opportunities within our organization.